A Technical Workshop
IT organizations around the world are modernizing to take advantage of Cloud Native concepts.
In this workshop, we’ll discuss Cloud Native and application modernization before taking a deeper dive into some key Cloud Native technologies, including containerization and Kubernetes.
Finally, you’ll work along with us step-by-step to deploy an actual Kubernetes-based application on a public cloud platform.
- Corporately invested in modernizing legacy applications of all kinds into cloud-ready containerized platforms
- Routinely leverage the power of containers in our own DevOps pipelines across the portfolio
- Deep proficiency automating container deployments and workloads with both Open Source and internally-generated tools
- Extensive experience deploying containers to public clouds (such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform), as well as internal private cloud platforms
What You’ll Learn
Cloud Native: what it is and why you should care
Cloud Native offers benefits to IT organizations of all sizes, from faster development cycles to improved system resilience and availability.
The advantages containerization and orchestration bring to you
Find out how containerization and Kubernetes can improve application deployment, management, and maintenance in any IT organization.
How to get started, or how to take the next step
Real-world strategies for getting started on a Cloud Native journey or for moving to the next step in your Cloud Native maturity.
Who should attend?
From CIO to developer, anyone in the IT organization with an interest in Cloud Native concepts. Particularly valuable for CTOs and technical decision makers, including architects and developers. Note that hands-on participation is optional. Participants are welcome to simply watch and learn.
CTO/ Technical Decision makers
Enterprise Modernization Leaders
- An introduction to Cloud Native
- What it is, and why you should care
- Application modernization
- How Cloud Native changes the game for all parts of modern IT organizations
- What containers are, and how they work
- Overview plus hands-on demonstrations
- How orchestration can bring reliability, scalability, and effortless upgrade paths to an already solid architecture
- Start to finish deployment of a production-ready containerized application into a public cloud Kubernetes environment
- A review of tools, best practices, and adoption strategies