HCL Software releases products with predictable, consistent and transparent lifecycle policies for software support and servicing. The supported lifecycle policies are Standard Support (3+2), Enhanced Support (5+3), Other Support (applicable for acquired products) and Continuous Delivery (2+1).
Standard Support Policy(3+2)
HCL Software provides standard (defect and non-defect) product technical support for a minimum of three years from the date the product release is made generally available. For products released under this policy, extended support is also offered for at least an additional two years following the product’s End of Support (EOS) date, for an additional cost.
Enhanced Support Policy(5+3)
HCL Software provides standard (defect and non-defect) product technical support for a minimum of five years from the date the product release is made generally available. For products released under this policy, extended support is also offered for at least an additional three years following the product’s End of Support (EOS) date, for an additional cost.
The following conditions are applicable for both Standard and Enhanced support policies:
- All product releases for which EOS has not been announced, will be actively supported by HCL Software.
- HCL Software provides a minimum of 12-month notice prior to EOS of a product release or EOL of a product.
- Acquired software products are not subjected to HCL Software support policy until a stable major product release is made generally available by HCL Software.
- HCL Software uses commercially reasonable efforts to inform customers about changes/modifications done to the policies along with EOS and EOL dates of all active product offerings.
- Products adhering to Standard and Enhanced lifecycle policies follow VRMF versioning i.e. V ￫ Version, R ￫ Release, M ￫ Modification (Mod), F ￫ Fix (Fix-pack). Support clocks is reset on release of a new version (V) or release (R). Features will not be deprecated in Mod/Fix-packs.
- Under special circumstances HCL Software may offer support beyond the extended support date, on certain product versions. These will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Contact your HCL Software sales representative for more details.
O (Other Support Policy)
This support policy is only applicable to acquired products. These include:
- Products acquired from IBM under the “O” support policy.
- Products acquired from Temenos.
These are sold "as is", and may still adhere to legacy lifecycle agreements. HCL Software versions and product releases do not apply to this model.
Disclaimer: HCL Software reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify this policy from time to time. HCL Software will provide prior notice, whether through its news site or otherwise.